Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bakery Lina

I'm not a good cook or baker.
If my first attempt taste heavenly, don't expect same thing will happen to my second, to taste the same deliciousness is a blessing since second attempt most likely to turn disastrous.

Few comments from my abah
- my fried fish is comparable to fish crackers
- I would boil everything up to produce a pot of curry instead of stir frying the pastes first ~ he exaggerated a little of course. I will of course stir fry my pastes first, but it's true that I might as well chuck everything into the pot after that and let 'em boil =(
- I'm allowed to only fry eggs and pappadums/crackers. and he means it.

So since I'm not allowed to make even a meal, I resorted to baking.
First thing I baked was pavlova and that was a year ago.
So this summer break, my first baking project would be sausage rolls and mini bun.
Feedback?
It was half disastrous.
I don't know up to now if I'm supposed to sift the flour or not.
My yeast died.TWICE! ~ which means I chuck quite generous amount of dough into the bin.
Instead of brushing egg on the dough, I half-dunked each of them in the beaten egg.
So these are what I produced.



On me mom birthday, I was thinking of buying a cake.
Baking one is certainly not my thing.
I'm paranoid about the amount of sugar, egg, butter or margarine that are required.
But since me mom insisted that I steam her a chocolate cake on her birthday, I had no other choice.
Feed back?
I forgot step 4 and jumped onto 5 instead. So I had to return to square one.
The ingredients required scare me ~ a cup of thick sweetened milk, a cup of cooking vegetable oil, eggs and somemore sugar.
I shed off some sugar, and cut the amount of thick milk and oil.
It turned out good. Well, at least I think it did.
Since it was steamed, it is moist.
Since I reduced the amount of many things, it tastes slightly bitter, like dark chocolate.
I heard complaints that it's not sweet enough but well, it was gone in 24 hours.

Today, I'm making doughnut.
I've been stressed out.
Dumped my first mixture into the bin.
I forgot to sift the flour and mom said I must put bit by bit of yeast into the warm milk instead of throwing the whole packet into the warm milk.
I'm waiting for the dough to rise.
And we better hope that today's project turns out perfect.
If not, I may not be baking until I return to my own (my friends' too) kitchen in Hradec Kralove.
Seriously, if u are in my place, u will consider to do the same.
I have 2 XYs in this household who have a foots-long list of comments on my domestic skill.

And their feedbacks have never been good and when u get too much of negative feedback (lasting half a day at average for each session and u get that in every project), U'll stop doing the thing or else, someone might have to seek medical treatment because he has been thrown with dough (and let's hope the dough is hardrock.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chaiyo lina!! nnt balik hk..leh anta raudhah..hehe..

    ReplyDelete