Sunday, February 27, 2011

PLKN : Paging

We got the call for National Service when we were in final year of high school.
Since Malaysian National Service includes girls as well, you can see anxious girls worrying if their names would be down in the list.
You get to check if you are going to National service by sms or through the web.
My dorm was on the same floor with warden room and prefects dorm.
Imagine that!
But it didn't stop Afiqah from jumping excitedly on the single bed past midnight (which means lights off=silence hour) and yelling that she got off. She need not to go for National service.
Luckily the bed didn't give way, else she would be staying in sickbay next morning.

Ili was in KL for National Kuiz Perdana, and when I rechecked the status via the internet the next day, I found out that I am not going and she is going.
She was saying that she would pay the fine and she's not going but man, she did go for it at last.
I was ok.
I mean, I used to dream to go on campings and hikings but none came my way and at 16, I simply gave it a rest.
I am just not destined to be joining such activities.
So I didn't really look forward to National Service, and the first call, my name was not there.

Second call came when I was having games hour at canteen (yes, u heard it right. Nobody bothered to stretch out at the field and I was not going to go alone)
I think someone said that there are 2 additional names.
Everybody was sent in to panick, what if it's their names?
I simply waved it off. The probability for it to be my names is very unlikely.
The next day, 2 forms came flying into our class.
I for me and another for Badang.
The 2 names were us and we were to fill in some details and food preferences.
So there it goes, my plan to laze around home after high school.

My mom was not that happy about it.
She thought her daughter would be home after 5 years at boarding school.
The daughter on the other hand, was all excited an looking forward to wear combat boots and combat blue suit.
National Service has so much in store. Mostly things I like and enjoy.
The only dissappointment is that I can still see Bukit Mertajam from our hill.
The call has been received and of course I need to learn the official song that was in the commercial. =p

No comments:

Post a Comment