Sunday, October 14, 2012

Class Get Together

Noel suggested that we have class potluck and it gets materialised this evening.
I brought bubur jagung. This year, I've turned into someone who makes quick, easy and tasty recipe. Well maybe the part about being tasty need verification =p.

So what we have are
from Malaysia : chicken rendang, fried meehoon, currypuff, bubur jagung, vege crackers
from Kurdishtan : basmati toppe with red berry, basmati+potato slices, gravy with snake beans and chicken chunks
from Pakistan : black+yellow dhal, mashed potatoes with scrambled egg
from Spain : spanish omelette
from Russia : chocolates!
and FROM BOTSWANA : COCA-COLA

I have a liking for the energy of Spanish people. I am yet to encounter a Spanish that's not friendly. and their energy is infectious.

Thanks Allah we played a very fun game. Well if I have to compare it to previous game of stuffing soda powder followed by drinking mineral water/vodka and shaking your head...(actually they are not comparable, the latter is not even a game)
We played pictionary.
Basically we divided into 2 groups and write 15 words each.
The other team had to draw
1. shortcut
2. responsibility
3. thesaurus
4. incarnation
5. alginate
6. vestibulosusahnakeja

And we had to draw
1. ballet
2. inception
3. preserverance
4. War of the world
5. i don't remember OMG am I senile?

Anyway, I shouted a lot. I think I am the loudest.
On a side note, I think I am more tactful nowadays. Living with so many people from different cultural background do that to me.
Our class is made of people with a big spectrum of interest, so to be together is once in a blue moon.


Kudos to Noel for the initiative. Otherwise I would have lost my marble from extreme boredom on this weekend.

1 comment: