Monday, August 29, 2011

Of Ramadhan.

Selamat Hari Raya, Eid Mubarak to all muslims.
Syawal already dawned on us and Ramadhan has just left, which makes it the farthest thing from us. (orang kata benda paling jauh dengan kita ialah masa lalu)
I haven't really planned my Ramadhan.
I just knew that I may learn more about the holy book al-Quran but it still remain to be done.
However, I've found something, that I deemed valauable doing this Ramadhan.
You see, I don't live at my parents' ever since I went to high school (it has been a galloping 10 years)
Strange enough, I don't feel the need or longing to help around the house, not until last year.
Maybe it's because at my parents', housechores of 1 month is concentrated into 1 week, all the time.
But this Ramadhan I realized it, to be able to help oneself parents with the housekeeping is a way to collect your points that we fondly call pahala.
I'm not lucky enough to help all year round, so why not grab it when I'm home especially it's Ramadhan. (well, it's more to an excuse that I invented for my parens when they ask me to help around)


Well, here are excerpts from suratul Luqman

13. And (remember) when Luqman said to his son when he was advising him: "O my son! Join not in worship others with Allah. Verily! Joining others in worship with Allah is a great Zulm (wrong) indeed.

14. And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment