Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Boat Ride

I've rode in sampan on a number of occassions when we decided to spend the day at Monkey beach.
I've written down in my character building booklet that going out to the sea with my late Tok Ndak is one of my life ambitions (unfortunately, I'll never fulfill this ambition)

When mak and abah announced that we are heading to Pulau Tuba to visit PC Amir who's recuperating from quite a bad traffic accident, I anticipated the boat ride.
The next time I know it, I was squeezed in the boat with the whole family among the locals and, a motorcycle.
Yes, a motorcycle.
If the Czech can ride this with a perambulator, Malaysian can ride a sampan-like boat with a motorcycle.
Why not? =p

I've always love nature, which explains why I rarely choose city as a travel destination.
So, there I was, quite happy to sweat in the boat among the locals, especially his time the travel companions are my family themselves.
I was taking in the green water, craning my neck the whole time to look at the scenery and *don't tell my mak* enjoying the splashes.
I was filled with emotion.
I guess for someone like me, no matter how far I go, it's always rejuvenating to be reunited with the element that I really love, the sea, the coastal sea.
I was pondering over that thought when the engine died. In the middle of the sea, near the rocks which have their heads covered in trees I have no idea what their names are.
We ran out of fuel.
And if we really do, we might as well throw the fishing line into the water while we wait for another boat to pass by.
I gained a knowledge, that fishes are aplenty near rocks.

Sorry, my long awaited jackfruit has finally arrived. I have to go.
And the engine, it roared again after they filled it with fuel *of course they will always have some as spare on the boat*

No comments:

Post a Comment