Monday, December 7, 2009

Ahhh, It's Czech..

Location : Olomouc town square
Time : One evening sometime in late October

As we were entering the premise, a man near the front door was whispering
"How could kids come to McD at this time on their own?"
Blame it on Kak Ejai and Kirin *kehkehkeh*

"Filet-o-fish?"
"Ano"
"Sandwich or set?"
Sandwich?Co je to?Apa tu?
"Set"

At dining table.
"Where's the sink? I want to wash my hand"
"There's no sink in fast food restaurant in Czech. Go to the toilet and pay 5kc..or take this"
*handing bottled water*
So I wash my hand inside the plant pot beside me.
All three of us did.
It was normal for Kak Ejai and Kirin but it was a bit, well, jakun on my part.

Then I stood with the intention to get some ketchup and pepper from the ketchup station.
At least, that is what I was thinking I want to do.
But then
"Where are u going?"
*puzzled*
"get some ketchup and pepper from the station"
"awat la hang ni. there's no free ketchup in any McD in Czech. U need to buy it.5kc per sachet.got it?"
"meh?5kc for a sachet?"

eating 'sandwich' and menjentik wedges that were salt-coated

later that night.
I was sleeping soundly.
Kak Ejai and Kirin and few others decided they have to have supper.
I say conversation over nice food is great.
And they pick my jakunness earlier as their topic (-,-')

Now that I think of it, there have been no restaurant that I went to that serve free ketchup.
Except for Alta Vista *which exist no more*
In Burger King, ketchup need to be bought.
The same goes for Santa Maria, Sport Cafe etc.
It's Czech.

5 comments:

  1. salam'alayk...
    It's Polska too... =)
    salam ziarah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sama macam slovakia jugak, well tak ajaibnya sbb dulu dorang satu negara... tapi kalau tak silap akak, ada kfc situ, ada sinki, jadi tak perlu ke toilet dan ada mc d yg kasi kupon atau tunjuk bill, jadi toilet free,, tapi memang betul toilet kena bayar, sama cam jerman...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saiful : I wish to go there someday but then knpkah bdk2 Polska semua pasif online?
    Kak Chibi : ada satu toilet ni kt bus station kt Prague, toilet dah la bebayar.toilet paper pun dia ukur dulu, baru bg kt kita. since we r Malaysians, their measurement is never enough for us

    ReplyDelete
  4. hej! lynawan...hahahhaha...that's what i experienced in prague! everything need to pay at least 5kr...so why not you just bring a pack of wet tissues or sanitize gel around...;-)

    p.s.: it's good to keep some packet of ketchup or chili sauce that we can found free in malaysia to czech...hehehehe...but over here those are free...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danial, I see that U had a nightmare in Prague. I 've never be a fan of cities and buildings for holiday. I prefer nature and Czech is excellent at that. My advice, get some locals to take U explore the nature of this charming heart of Europe.

    ReplyDelete