Friday, November 18, 2011

Thoughts From Last Year in The Hospital

Being a medical student and having the opportunities to meet patients suffering from various illness, it toughens me up.
I used to sympathize them a lot, like I do to those old folks that I bump into on everyday basis.
Strangely, sympathizing has turn into admiring.
Of how tough these patients are.

We all know how does it feel to be ill.
I got a casted hand for a month and felt so much burdened by it.
Couldn't imagine how things are for those having nitroglycerin stand by for any chest pain or nebulizer in case the asthma decided to attack.

Gambar sekadar hiasan.

After a session with a crippled uncle, I couldn't help but thinking of how tough it is to lost a leg and to start anew with a prosthetic leg.
Yes, we human are blessed with the ability to adapt but adaptation with regards to lost of body part(s) is rather costly.
I don't know how did he come to term with having half hig leg amputated nor how he is coping now, seeing that there's possibility that he'll loose another half on another side.
But there he was, on that bed, not smiling yet not frowning.

And the previous woman who has half her body swollen and another half so skinny.
She managed to live like that eversince she was 2months old and she's a whooping 37 years old now.
When finding balance for toddler is quite tricky it must have been hard on her.
Come to think of it, any pair should come in two sizes ~ I mean stuffs like shoes, mittens, and even the long pants.
And how does she goes out into the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment