Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stars

I went on trip to the observatory last evening. While my friend from high school is welcoming his firstborn in Olomouc.
So yesterday has been a good day.
Catched up with some friends on the way there by foot.
Watched the town from the top. Town looked pretty and at the same time lonely.

Gave some mixed maruku and cold hard (tuhy) bilis fritters which were hit among the Czechs.
And sat down in a small dark auditorium to listen to the Czech introduction about stars, tectonic plates, moons and planets.
Good thing there's 2 videos in english.

Went out on the roof to watch Jupiter, the king of all planet.
Really I thought it was just another star on the night sky, albeit more bright than the others.
It's winter and the wind was blowing the president said nah, this is cryotherapy.
I said, stay another 3 hours cryotherapy will become cryopreservation.
Got the joke?Good.
Do not?Go study the biology book.
Sky was rather cloudy, still I see more stars than I do back in Nerudova.
Looking at stars is just looking at the history.
Looking at stars can also be interpreted as looking at the place where the dreams are born.

Looked through the telescope and saw one of the Jupiter's moons.
Then went down into the hemisphere where the giant telescope is.
Dome is made of panelled wood and it's opened for obvious reason.
Flashes from camera made me feel like I'll get epilepsy anytime ~ medical school has turned me into hypochondriac.
This telescope is superb, I saw Jupiter in it's glory, milky brown with 2 brown stripes and also two of its moons.

Then went into the planetarium cinema, watching the artificial night sky, made to look just like the sky outside at that time.
Explanation in Czech, didn't get to know anything but one thing ~ my Czech command is not poor, it's rather, abysmal.
Seems like at different level of darkness, some stars shine brighter and some stars get dimmer.
Don't know how the ancient people can say this group of stars is a fish and that group of stars is a dragon.
People from the time before used stars as a reference for direction in their physical journey, especially those seamen.
Would it be nice if I let my future kid to learn about it? But then, is it reliable? I mean we know the stars that we see today is their shine from thousand or million years ago and the star that we are looking at may have not exist anymore. So it would be possible, that in some time, the star will dissappear from the night sky forever.

Nothing is immortal, except Allah.
But then, we can still see the shine of a bright star, for some given time, eventhough the existence of the star itself has become questionable.

They told us in 35 billion years (if I am not mistaken), our milky way will collide with andromeda, the closest galaxy and the two will fuse together and there will be no more spiral configuration of milky way.
But before that, we all will already die from bitter cold.
Come to think of it, the sun is already beyond prehistoric it will shut down before we reach 35 billions years start counting from now.
Don't worry, I am believing in the day after tomorrow.

It's told that usually two galaxy will casually brush each other and stay close to each other before the great gravities of both draw them to each other where they will fuse together.

And really I should be studying about drugs for diabetic right now.
p/s : one of the thing that I want to do is watching aurora borealis.

No comments:

Post a Comment