Sunday, May 5, 2013

Choice

Does living overseas makes one blinded of the happenings in one's own country?
I'd like to think that sitting atop a hill gives the big picture that u cant get when u are in the valley.
Living overseas means I have more free access to information and clearer judgement.
But most of those living in Malaysia think the opposite.

It doesn't matter that I dutifully went to PLKN and BTN.
Doesnt matter that I diligently learn in schools
Doesnt matter that I put up with the lousy transportation for years
Doesnt matter that I was scared as hell going through so many things alone due to circumstances
Doesnt matter that I survived after almost stepping from the elevator to a immigrant brandishing bayonet, chasing another immigrant
Doesnt matter that I fondly talk about my country to my foreign friends
Doesnt matter that I am a decent walking model of Malaysia
No, all that doesnt matter.

For as long as my stand is different. I am the ungrateful.
Just because I said the truth, I am subjected to harsh words and treatment.

Thing is the 700 euro I get every month, my tuition fee, they are all the people's money. Not the government money.
Whatever it is in Malaysia is ours, not the government.
The hands that feed me is feeding me because my countrymen put them there with our money and resources.
and the choice is mine, as long as I choose wisely.
And thank God this ungrateful thing doesnt do drug, doesnt have a baby out of wedlock let alone killing the baby, didnt kick or slap her schoolmates when in high school.

I dont believe anybody, not even myself. and above all I dont believe any politician. Because the constant thing in mortals is change.
I put my highest hope in the one up above. He's the rightful owner of every single thing.
and I pray that the one up above guide our leaders so that they govern wisely, justly.
Oh yes, to them my prayer is poison.

What I see of the campaign?
Why you should choose us , why they shouldn't win, their sex scandals, this scandals that scandals this corruption that corruption.
I hardly see"wht we wil do for you". maybe I dont look hard enough.

Not coming back will really hurt me. As much as it is fun living overseas, I still feel that I am not one of them.
The only way o feel at home is to be home.
But do I go back to people who brand me ungrateful and say things to me just because I have different opinion. Do I go back to people who talk with lust but not brain.
The one who sent me away is saying that I should stay here. and when I say it may be the right thing to do, I am ungrateful because I don't want to go back.

And lastly, just because I say the truth, doen't make you more patriotic than I do.
For all I know the act of voting is patriotic and what u choose doesn't make you more or less patriotic.
I can recite Rukun Negara fluently, I may know more patriotic songs than you do and I doubt you know the details like where the YDPA suit originates and what is the folding of the YDPA tengkolok is called.

I know why I choose to be away and unless you correct your attitude, I may make the same choice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment