Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Joy Is Their Suffering

The snow was falling lightly.
Coming from a tropical country, it's natural that I enjoy this wonder that Allah bestows upon this 4 seasons country.
For me, they heavier the snow falls, the more I like it.
I can go sliding or perharps tobogganing.

The prospect of the snow falling makes me happy until I drew up the blind in front of my study.
There, on a bench are orange and purple things that look like some nylon or something.
There, is someone who have no shelter and worst insufficient layers to keep his or her body warm.
A homeless person, trying his/her best to keep himself/herself warm and I was hoping for the snow to fall.
I know how does it feel to be freezing in the winter.
Let me wait 2 hours outside with sufficient layers of air pockets, and I'd be dying for hot beverages and I would be feeling like I'm gonna die.

This person reminds me of that old lady in Oxford Street who curls in her sleeping bag, people passing by, eager to spend their money on the ongoing sales.
Many hadn't notice that woman.

To them, I wish they'll survive this winter and here comes the snow..
Do I be happy again?

2 comments:

  1. salam, lina..
    hurm, sumtimes we don't put our attention to those people..i'm always want it to snow.. but now i'm might have to be considerate with others, not only the homeless but i'm thinking for the palestinians to0..

    ReplyDelete