Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Freedom

Salam and Hi.

Just want to reflect and rebutt some remarks from some people.
I believe, people who regard themselves as modern and liberal talk about freedom the most
It gives you the impression that these people are those who know freedome more than others.

But then, when it comes to respecting others preference, say in choosing wardrobe, they tend to condemn some people who are different.
Ok, maybe you don't get my point here.
So, I'm gonna elaborate it.

When in first year, my Biophysics lab supervisor asked me why don't I go to club?
I replied that it is not a suitable place for me, that I don't drink.
And he said, going to club doesn't mean that you need to order alcohol and he said, I should go to club to make some friends
He said, wherever you go, you should adapt with people of that place
So, the question remains, do I offense any people with me not going to clubs?
I agree with his remarks that we should adapt to our environment
As for the case, I'm doing that
I go groccery shopping with a backpack, I eat with cutleries in restaurant
But that doesn't mean that whatever the people around you do, you should follow, isn't it?
There are certain things that we can tolerate and follow or else, for the things we don't like, we keep that in our heart and let them be.
Assimilation is trying to fit in, integrating two different values not a make over, where you adopt new values and throw off the old ones
Else, there won't be little india and chinatown in London or America



This park management thinks, ball games are not suitable on its ground when other parks think it's acceptable


Once in current health issues class, a boy from a Nordic country blamed the immigrants especially those from Middle East for not taking enough vitamin D.
Saying, we would run out at the first shine fo the sun, but they would be stuck in their home all day.
Ok I can't blame his sceptism towards the immigrants because me myself have sceptism towards immigrants in my country.
But to point out dressing and covering oneself as the reason for not getting enough vit D is not so right
Because when we eliminate religious issue, like they like to do
There are many other ways we can get vitamin D
I believe every country (albeit I'm not sure if Greenland have chicken)in the world has chickens and chickens lays eggs and eggs have yolks and yolks contain vitamin D
I think the remark that we can get vitamin D from the sun should be altered a little bit, because we get vitamin D from morning sunshine, not from a scorching sun
And in case you don't know, there are 3 big gaps, or is it one big gap the size of Greenland? at the atmosphere in North pole
Which mean sunbathing under the sun over there is like telling your skin, oh skin, not long, not long after you are tanned and malignant
So, I'd rather eat egg yolks rather than sunbathing

And so we move to the third subject.
I thought (mind the past tense) so called modern and liberal people are the ones who know the most about freedome
So, piercing, tattoing, clubbing, children leaving parents are tolerated
But surprisingly, for unhurt matter like wearing hijab causes a great stir among these people
who call (mind the present tense) themselves open minded
Hel-lo, if you are open minded, then why you ban girls from wearing hijab, why would you condemn people who dress modestly
Covering oneself, I believe, doesn't hurt anyone
Don't come and tell me tattooing doesn't hurt, and sexy girls don't tease men sexual desire
Frankly, they speak like the women in hijab are being oppressed when the oppressed women are the one who you put in kinky dress and made them pole dancing
I have a different idea about women oppression
You wanna know why?
Maybe my questions will answer you
When I look at ads, I wonder, this is an ads about a mobile phone, but how come the woman in the ads is larger and desirable than the main product, the mobile phone?
When I look at girls in bikinis on the pristine beaches, I wonder, why the girls should have minimal clothes (if you still regards bikinis as clothes) on while the men have bermuda under the scorching sun?
Why the girls should wear high heels and men wear loafer?(because I think, why women must suffer and guys don't?)
These don't mean I don't like the things above
It's just that sometimes they makes me uneasy, they make me think women are being used (of course they tell you as a women you need to dress like a doll, when they intend to show you off to be picked by guys)
Kenyataan memang memahitkan. Bukan begitu?

Some birds fly away and some birds stay in the pond because they heart the feeling of cold water on their bum


Your way isn't necessarily others way too
Because, in this world, there isn't only 1 right way, there are many right ways
So pick which one you want, and respect others choice too
So that post seperti ini tidak ditype

6 comments:

  1. i like the way you think...it makes me like ''aah kan, xterpikir plak pasal tuh,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. lina, jsem tady!! :D

    sorry mengecewakan u utk kali ini. after all, being second doesnt always mean tak best kan. hihihi. ok harap faham ayat ini -_-

    again, what to say lina, i like your post (as usual)

    the best part psl vitamin D tu. sgt pelik kan dorg nak kuarkan statement mcm tu, padahal as docs-to-be mungkin patut kuarkan statement mcm tu disertai dgn statistik yg mengatakan ramai wanita muslim mengalami hypovit D.

    keep on writing lina, love the boldness :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous : sy pun ambik ms yg lm utk pikir dan yg sbbkn sy reflect balik vbnd2 ni ialah sbb sy bc komen2 org psl perempuan yg pakai burqa kt Afghanistan.

    Kak Lene : Kak lene!!!haaah, as docs to be I think they shouldn't take excessive alcohol and smoking too. I tak buleh belah la bila lect ckp we all ni mkn xsihat (walaupun betul), when they ignore other student yg gobble down gallons of alcohol semua tu

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam dari bumi Dublin, Ireland.. blog hopping.. rajin2, jemput singgah ke blog hamba.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! when two different cultures met, just know invisible lines, and you will safe.
    (biasalah mat salleh, depa ingat semua depa ada tu boleh pakai ...heh..heh..heh!).

    ReplyDelete