Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fantaghiro Castle


As a kid, I watched Fantaghiro-Cave of the Golden Roses on TV2 and I liked it very much.
When I found out that they did their filming in Hrad Bouzov, Litovel, I've put down that castle as a must place to visit.
And when Cik Leneghiro was very determine to have it as our location for jaulah, I crossed my list.
Thanks a lot Rumaisa!


By public transportation, we would have to transit a few times and 4 hours before we can be there from Hradec Kralove.
So, we hired Petr and off we go and we arrived at 8 in the morning!
Ascending, we could see the castle and oh man, I was sure a happy child.
The weather was not so good, at least it doesn't rain.
Since the castle would be open at 9, we had breakfast ~ nasi lemak by cik PBS (many thanks =) )
The first thing Petr did was stuffing a bit of sambal sans nasi lemak whatsoever
and his expression was very priceless. Couldn't get it off my mind la.hahahha
And then, since no one's around and the field tempted us, we transformed into kids
Petr tagged along to the castle and he was of great help.
However we had to take the tour with a batch of kindergarten kids (read : quick tour)
I see something not good coming and came it did
We got binded laminated description each and struggle to keep with the pace of the group.
Obviously the castle is beautiful ~ lovely painted walls, elegant ceilings and priceless ornaments from yesteryears
And those means we need extra time for pictures and to scan the details
I didn't regret lagging behind since I pay quite a lot for that tour ~ 7okc should be a lot right?

The hall was splendid
and I really love this door
And I was very excited when we finally arrive to this
Those who watched Fantaghiro 1 know that Fantaghiro was punished to be sent into this well whenever she did wrong.
I wanted to look into the well but decided against it when the kids kept spitting into it ~ yucks
(I'm not suggesting that I don't like kids, after all kids will always be kids - bak kata Aunty Naz)
Anyway, I looked up and see what gem have I found
We mad our way into the armoury room where they put all those tombaks, swords with intricate designs of handles, mini canons, shooting board etc.
There's a great deal of the castle that we didn't cover.
They have many different tours and I have a feeling that the kitchen tour would be exciting.

I did enjoy the castle as much as I can.
We had tadabbur under a flower tree and being an avid observer, I noticed beautiful forest flowers
And I picked 'em and made a bunch (with the help of Kak Madihah)
Aren't they lovely?

We checked out the bobsleigh but it was closed.
So we made our way to the caves, which is quite several minutes away.
Before reaching the cave, we end up at a memorial for Communist victims and we were featured in local tv station ~ that's what Petr told us
But could u believe it? they filmed us because they thinks we were high schoolers and went there for the anniversary too. School kids???
The caves would be another story altogether.
And to those who really wanted to go with us but didn't get the chance, just go ~ maybe you could invite me along =p
See, I didn't get enough of it. In fact, I will never get enough of my travel.

7 comments:

  1. omgosh girl~ arent u just hvg so mucho fun, traveling here n there! syoknyeeeeeeeeerrrr!! btw , the pics of the fields are absolutely dreammmmmy! omg, i wudve camho-ed like no end there! hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl~ i wna ask u. how did u set up ur blog template where u cn put in ur own header pic etc?? i luvvv my template... but the thing is. there is no such thing like an 'OLDER POST' button-thus many of my posts get ter-hidden in the archives and dont show up! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mun2 : hihihi, I did travel a lot this school year. owh the field, luckily there's no sun. if yes, what's with the bloom, we'll be stuck there.
    header pic? I use 100% blogspot sbb xtahu guna template. so I can use my own pic for header using blogspot app and older post included sekali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post :) kenangan manis bersamamu takkan kulupa. ecece :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam lina
    cantiknye...
    cam nk g je;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice place!!~ :D
    lain kali nak pergilah..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pbs : kenangan manis gula2 kapas, kenangan seindah bunga Bouzov, kenangan sedingin cave, kuabadikan dlm megapixels.hahaha
    Farah : Ws. Farah, tu la, dulu kita janji nak jumpa.alih2 kita xjumpa lg.tp org yg baru merantau kita dh jumpa.
    Estella : Pergi2!!seronok.cantik.u can hop to Litovel jugak.many attractions dkt2 situ

    ReplyDelete