Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tahun Bersedih. Smutny Rok.

I remembered saying(typing to be exact) that this school year gonna be a dull one.
My instinct proved to be right, it's not even a dull year, it's indeed a year with roller coaster of emotion.
With 1 month to go before the final commences, I must say, this year has not been good on me.
I'm not talking about academic here.
Everything they taught us in 2nd year is interesting that I can say the physiology book is as 1/2 enjoyable to read as Harry Potter.

I'm emotionally weary.
The school year started off with me flashing a casted hand and a life as an invalid for 1 month.
I didn't get the chance to draw blood, until recently, when we were testing urine.
Even before I break my precious wrist, I celebrated what was the most unceromonious Eid in my life.

My mom got laid off because the gajah-gajah were fighting, and since she was a pelanduk, according to the peribahasa, she died.
In reality, she suffered quite a huge emotional and financial damage.
It's not easy to put the bread on the table when u live in Penang.
With Allah's grace, she preserved thru the ordeal, and started over again.

As for me, when I went to visit Ili, reality kicked in.
I realised that I am lonely, thanks a lot to my principle that have me keeping to myself most of the time.
I miss Azie.
I miss studying during preps with 2 dozens others.
I miss bickering with Prem.
I miss all my friends from high school.
I've seen them from afar, and I realised, that is not enough.

Now, I'm missing all of them, and I'm missing the company from MSU days.
I just miss girlie talks with Liyana.
I miss having dinner with my housemates.
And I miss Farina, the one who kept me company the whole year.


And to add to the emotional turbulence, many people who I regard as my closies are in difficult times.
To Azzuan who's waiting beside Ziha, praying most of the time for her to open her eyes from 2 months long unconsciousness.
Braving every information from the doctor.

To Syikin who's diagnosed with tuberculosis, already at level 4.
She's small enough to me and she's losing weight.
Can't imagine how she looks like now at 36kg
This is my friend whom I know since primary school, who biked with me everyday to and from school.
In form 4 we were reunited into the same class.
We shared most of our childhood together and part of our teenage together too.

To my treasured Tok Ndak who's suffering from old age.
Who's living alone since last 12 years.
Last 12 years, I was trying to figure out who's going to die first, Tok Ndak or Tok Teh, after series of death of people who loved me.
Months after that, only Tok Ndak was left.
To hear that he has difficultied walking, it shatters my already bruised soul.

There are some more happening and my heart is taking it, blocking every kick from them every passing moment.
And the weather, it's grey outside.
I tell myself, it's the time again to grow up thru emotional ordeal.
The sun, it will shine again.


6 comments:

  1. Salam lina dear,
    juz wanna share with U 1 ayaah from MANUAL kt iAllah~

    "..Allah tidak membebani seseorg melainkn sesuai dgn apa yg diberikan Allah kpdnya. Allah kelak akan memberikan kelapangan stlh kesempitan" ..(65:2)

    Everything single thing yg brlaku dlm hidup kt iAllah ade hikmah disblknye. Walaupn kdg2 tu sgt pahit utk diri menerimanya .. iA yakin dgnNYA..He wants to teach us sumthing in our life.. not just now..but for hereafter too iAllah~
    huhu..iA to make us become stronger person lina!
    bittaufiq wannajah for upcoming tests n exam!
    mg Allah permudhkn urusan kt sume iAllah.

    tk care dear sis!

    syg lina,
    k lah de musab (^-*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak, waktu2 nilah kite smua start emo-ing...mungkin sebab lama x balik msia n finals dah dkt. May we all sail thru and rejoin our beloved soon! Good luck and stay strong~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Lah : sy kira sy agak lucky sbb bnd2 mcm ni xbother sy sgt, but to reflect that lots were and are happening this school year, agak sedih la jugak.but dun worry, I'm always optimistic about life =)
    Estella : nonono.I dun hv that homesick feeling. We sagi love being away from home and when people we love are having hard times, we would want to be their strength. u get my drift?those ppl I mentioned above r all over the world including Msia.hahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hej! lyna...a life is a journey...you met so many people along the way, some sticked together along the way, some you have to leave them behind and would never meet again...and most of the time the journey were full of emotional experiences, and and all those became the memories that we treasured...so what you have been through until now just a piece of life journey experiences...more to come to add colours to your life and when you always hold your faith, HE will show you the ways...cheer up dear friend...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaahhhh~~ I see. Thats awesome! Me? I'm seriously missing home. Too much of travel and exams in one year. More inclined towards art and serenity...so contradicting with medic. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danial : thru that. I haven't been socially active for past 2 years. It really has taken it toll on me.might as well loosen up a bit next school year. He is always guiding me and I'm thank you for that. Else I would have been insane.hahaha
    Estella : You really travel a lot. I stayed put in HK except on Christmas when I was in first year. Well, I'm inclined to something more laid back yet stimulating like international relationship but when I go into 2nd year, medic isn't scary anymore - c'est magnifique. I hope U'll get that feeling too

    ReplyDelete