Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Janji Yang Tertunai

I never knew the 20th year of my life is the year when He teaches me the real life.
So, this is what it feel likes to become an adult huh.
It's already half a year, and man, I do learn a lot.
It seems like these 7 months are able to wipe out my 7 years of hardship before I reside in Bohemia.

True to my nature, I have been quite persistent in upholding my values.
Some are good, some are ugly.
I've lost a great deal of myself, of which I plan on recovering it back on holiday.
Good things inshaallah.

So, janji yang tertunai.
The fulfilled promise.
It looks like my prediction of a gloomy year pierces the bullseye.
Things didn't happen to me, at least big things, but big things did happen to my closies.
Just nak menyibuk, I do have problem. an internal one. A struggle against perkara2 mazmumah.
Ok2.
So, my friend who has been diagnosed with tuberculosis is already out of the danger zone, but how long she's going to be in hospital, we don't know.
And, it is Canada, so you can imagine how lonely you would be if u r in her place.
No mom or dad visiting.

Another friend of mine, my neighbour to be exact lost his girlfriend last month to encephalitis and yesterday, his mom followed.
I mean, I know she had hypertension but when my mom called to inform me about that, I still can't believe it up till now.
I mean, are you serious?And I can't stop thinking about my poor friend.
I have witnessed his undividing love for both women.
One is a girl whom I never met, another who caught me still sleeping in bed at 11am and is a friend of my mom.
I still remember him telling me about his break up.
And telling about wanting to get her back.
Get her back he did but she made another promise long before that.
And after 2 months of struggle, she went to see Him, the one who she truly belongs to.
He was heartbroken and he did changed a lot, towards the better.
Yesterday, I thought, my friend would have the most terrible breakdown ever.
He is the closest of all four despite being the third child.
We talked about our mom and we both agree that whenever we have bitterment towards our mom, we would feel like crying our lung out at the same time.
I was calculating whether I should or should not greet him online.
Being away, is quite an advantage, in term of not having have to think about your body language when communicating in such an event.
I asked him what happened.
He said she went away, maybe because she was tired the night before.
But she was better in the morning but at 11am, he saw that she is not there anymore.
He was such a strong man.
I remember his mother saying that she doesn't want him to further overseas, and he didn't make it to the land down under.
Indeed, it's the best thing that happened.
Because he didn't go, he got both last chances with people he loves.

As for me, I still feel that the negativity will stretch somemore, and what is going to happen after this, I never would have guss what is it.
But above all, I'm most thankful to Allah for bestowing me with my family, albeit we are so far away, I still have them in my heart and I have always been in their prayers.
And to the wonderful friends that I have here alongside the values that they teach me every now and then
I also begin to learn what Keela said, tak perlu mencari yang jauh, kadang2 apa yang kita mahu dah ada di depan mata.
Before I was not searching for something far away, I was eyeing something far away.
But I decided that enough is enough and it is time to cherish what I am having.
Things and people come and go, and whilst we are at it, we should give it the best we can.

3 comments:

  1. Semoga Syikin cepat sembuh. Takziah to your neighbour about his girlfriend and mother. May they rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oli, yeah, the best we can do is support them from behind. as for me, thru my doa

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless!


    fren, r u coming bak yet? waiting for u ! hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete