Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stargazing

I'm an outdoor person, except that I don't get to be outdoor that much of the late.
Yesterday, I looked up, the sky was clear dark blue, there were many stars twinkling.
Except that most of them were orange.
I kept looking up to make sure.
Is it the day after tomorrow?
But everything on the ground looked normal.
And then I realized thay they were moving and some more came up.
I was a beautiful sky.

As a child, twice or thrice a year, our family of four would make our way to the seaside, not for fishing, but for laying on the sand under the starry sky.
Mak would beforehand marinate the whole chicken in honey and whats not.
And abah would roast it, the smell wafting through our tiny nostrils.
It was such a good time, when the waves splashing mildly, the stars scattering the sky, the fine sand of the beach and the four of us, and me, still a kid, without any worry in the world (because I didn't stir up trouble, so I didn't have to be afraid of the smoking husk)

Perseid Meteor Night Shoot 2008 • Milky-way and 2 Meteors
Photo from Flickr

In PLKN, we listed down our life goals.
When once it has been an easy affair, we hardly do any stargazing after we moved.
My parents both have to work, and I left for residential school.
So I put down stargazing as one of my life goal.
Who knows, when the goal is to be realised, we would be together again, now the 5 of us, or maybe even more.
And we would look again at the starry sky, after over a decade, sending our gratitude.
Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment