Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Psycho Psychology

Like many others, I don't really fancy psychology classes.
Remember, I had 2 modules of character building every weekday morning for full 2 months and also most of weekday evening watching character building video.
I have never done anything more boring than the latter, and believe me, when we have to go for psychology seminar, I know well what to expect ~ boredom and less cooperative classmates.
Not your fault really - I told you it's expected to be boring.
But like what I did back in National service, I try to participate, at least to not dissappoint the trainers/lecturers and maybe, for keberkatan ilmu itself - U don't only talk about it, u practise it people.

And as expected, there are some games that at least kill the mundane atmosphere.
In psychology, even though lame as it may sound, there's no harm in answering questions such as what is the mode of communication?
Methinks isyarat asap or snail mail or pigeon =p. How about you?

We had to go infront and play doctor patient communication and it was a disappointment that even the boys weren't up for volunteering.
I just miss the good old National service where everyone was ever so sporting.
I heart my fellow trainees. They may be blunt and hurting at times but their chivalry and sportingness get the best.

And we had this passing on information games - just like kursus kenegaraan back in camp.
The teacher wished for other people to participate but turned out I was the giddy one and along with Neo, Zikri and Patrick, we made a spectacular job.
I was told that a man has his flight on the July 12 cancelled and he is to fly Air India on 15th and transit in Bahrain and get on Gulf Air bound to Hong Kong. And he shall contact Miss Clarks for verification.
My misinformation to Zikri - the man is to phone MR. Clarks upon arriving in Hong Kong
Zikri's misinformation - flight on April from India and many others
Neo's - flight to Baghdad
OMG we laughed real hard and being the 1st person to relay the information, it's quite an eye opening to see how easy we misinformed people in a short time.
So peole, whatever that reach you, mostly it's altered 100% or contain only a tiny fraction of truth to it.
Broke the chain people!
Hilarious as it may be, disastrous as it may turns out.

Then the ultimate activity of the day.
We went out to the foyer and stand facing our partner from the same gender.
We were supposed to get closer spatially to each other.
It was hard for me.
Neo is a friend but to be within inches from each other and be comfortable with it, only my parents and bothers can create such situation.
But I know Neo enjoy hug as I do, so we locked into hug as we bumped.

Now, the most difficult part for me and the ultimately tahap moksya, nirvana difficulty to other Malaysian girls.
Same instruction but partner should be the one from the opposite sex.
My limit of comfortability would be a desk about half a meter but I manged to get closer but not face to face but nearly shoulder to shoulder, even though Hilmi is like 3 quarters of my boys closies back in high school.
The lecturers tried to get those girls moving but to no avail.
Perplexed she asked us and I just explained it's not normal to do this.
I mean to be in intimate distance with a patient is a different thing.
The one that we were doing is a make-up and it's with our classmates.
That's a big wide difference.
As we settled down in class, we were questioned about the activity.
And I didn't really have to voice out my opinion to fill out the void.
Many were ready to give their opinion and share something about our obligation.
I could clearly see that one friend is very shy and I always regard such people highly.
To have such degree of shyness is rare nowadays. It's a good thing.
For me, thanks to the activity, I realize I still have the shy feeling inside me.
Shyness fo me is a good thing and it must come in good measurement, because I also cherish my little confidence that I have in me and I like to share my opinion to anybody who is willing to listen.

And so, we conclude our psycho psychology class, this week.
Prepare for the worst next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment