Saturday, June 4, 2011

Patriotic


One of the reson why I am labelled weird is because I loves listening to patriotic songs and songs like katak lompat, ikan kekek and the likes.
For unknown reason, I have this fondness over my homecountry Malaysia.
I enjoy singing the national anthem, always giddy to hang the flag on August and never hate Malaysia, even though some unspeakable things have taken over the concern on fellow Malaysians these past few years.
Having been enjoying the privilege of being a Malaysian and comparing notes to other friends from various country, I am always grateful to be born a Malaysian.
I love going to National Service, somehow like the BTN and always have this urge to tell about my country to others ~ well, it couldn't be helped in my case.

I've always been labelled overly patriotic and instead of being put off by such statement, I take pride in it.
But having been living in Hradec Kralove, I notice the people from a particular country who indeed is far more patriotic than I am.
I mean, usually you'll bump into one or two people being patriotic about their country but most people just don't really care.
But Norwegians, to my eyes are really proud of their country.
They have no problem wearing their national flag and they boast their achievement as the best place to live on the earth.
It's always Norway this, Norway that.
They don't have to say it out loud, but you can see it in them, that they fiercely love their nation.
Such spirit. Hats off.

No comments:

Post a Comment