Saturday, March 10, 2012

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

When we stop for the first time en route to Denizli, we chatted with this fellow traveller.
We were both amazed at Turkish long distance bus and he even pointed out that the 'steward' is even wearing a bowtie (so that u know, we were on an overnight bus and it was 1 in the morning).

I am studying in Czech Republic and is a Malaysian. And no, I don't study art and have never imagined myself having any talent that meet art school requirement.
He is an American and having been to India.
To him, India is incredible and he had difficulty finding word to express it.
He talked about India train system with enthusiasm.
I know India's train system is a class on its own.
But I also proceed to tell him on the train condition which I read out of a travel blogger blogpost
~ railwaysellers
~ the non transparent window where the thoughtful husband went out when the train stopped in one station and wiped it clean so that his wife can see the view after she wakes up
Have you been to Ladakh?
He said no with the reason that it's too expensive.
How long were you in India?
2 years.
That's long.
I worked there.
Why would you want to work in India? *insert my sceptical face*(I genuinely want to know and I didn't think that the question sounds stupid. Now I do)
India is my origin.
Oh yeah?My grandfather hailed from India.
Really?

And it's not until tomorrow afternoon that I realised what I really said. Open mouth, insert foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment