Saturday, March 31, 2012

Qurban

Qurban roots from the word qarib. Qarib means proximity, something that's close by. From what I understand Qarib means something that's really,really close to you. Orang Melayu kata, isi dengan kuku. So, for me qurban means givng up something that's really close to you in order to achieve something higher.

I have never think about it until one day, a person asked this question ~ why, we never will be able to love our parents, as much as they have been loving us?
It's true, my mother misses me more than I misses her.
I thought about it, and can't fathom, why I can't rival the loves of my parents towards me.
The person told us the answer, which shouts truth in all directions.
Our parents have given up many things for us. Ibu bapa kita telah berkorban banyak perkara untuk kita. And when you sacrifice alot for one thing or one person, the more you are attached to those that you sacrificed for, the more you love that person.
Come to think of it.
My mother carried me for almost 9 months and then went into a life and death situation to deliver me into ths world. She can always choose not to

No comments:

Post a Comment