Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boycott : An Experience

I'm a muslimah living in Czech Republic.
Where most people choose to be atheis.
Always, finding halal meat/chicken is quite complicated.
But surprisingly, I found that it's not a burden at all.
Instead, I've benefited from it.
In no time, I can cook.
Even it still can't be compared to my mom's cooking.
It's improving.
Plus, after some thoughts, I found out that I'm practising a healthy diet.
Mind you, I can finished up 2 plated of rice before this.
Apart from that, I save a lot.
Given that I eat at home and the red meat intake is seldom.

I'm one of so many muslims who boycott the Israel product and any company that's giving financial support to it.
When I first arrived in Hradec Kralove.
I was the one who doubt why should I donate money everytime we have event.
I don't think that it's useful.
And I don't see where boycott can lead us to.
Plus, I'm an avid Nestle user, I use toiletris produced by companies that support Israel.
In simple sentence, I had so many boycott product in my house.
Why bother myself?

Gradually, I begin to understand.
And I begin to feel the pain of those Palestinians.
At first, it was hard for me.
It's well known, habit is hard to be changed.
But when I found my reason, I set my goal and go for it.
I become more creative in finding other product.
New discoveries I tell you.
It's tempting.
And again, I save a lot.
All my mistakes of buying unimportant things and throwing out money blindly prevail before me.
Alhamdulillah, I realise my mistake.

People would want to know why I'm doing this.
I'm boycotting because I am a Muslim
Because the Palestinians are my brothers and sisters
Because I don't fight with weapons

Thru this all, I shape myself in a better way.
Thanks a lot.
And I'll keep doing my part.
Zalim ialah tidak meletakkan sesuatu pada tempatnya.
My brothers and sisters have every right to receive help from me.
It's not a useless effort because at the end of time, the victory is ours.

3 comments:

  1. hej! lynawan...great for you to live in foreign land and learn about life, about humanity, about brother/sister-hood, about important thing in life, about grateful to the Almighty...;-)

    ps: have a great week ahead with a lot of sunshines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah,it is great.
    same goes 2 u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!! say yes to boycott!!
    p/s: meh la ke kauffland..brg umah ak jimat 50% than usual..jgn g tesco lg! da r israel..menipu lak tu..huhuhu

    ReplyDelete