Sunday, October 4, 2009

Alternatives

In these 2 months, I experience life sans 2 basic things in my life.
1st is my laptop.
Shortly after is my left hand.
It has been quite inconvenient for me.

My laptop charger malfunctioned in the middle of critical time where I were frantically studying anatomy.
I couldn't check my email, couldn't phone my mum and couln't view the anatomy presentations.
Some people keep reminding me of contacting my mum as if I tried to put a distance between me and my family, no matter how many times I told them that I have no laptop.
Weird how some people r so concerned when my mum understands my situation.
However, it was a great relief that my mobile has WiFi.
It couldn't do much but at least I could check my email and view my facebook acc.
Mobile surfing is no fun.
Poking few times for a letter, pages with limited content and the small screen.
But beggars must not be choosy kn?

And then, when everything is fine.
When I bought a new charger, when I enrolled for the second year study, when everything already fall into places and I even went for a getaway in Pec Pod Sněžkou.

Accident happened.
Leaving me with a cast on my left hand and another 1 month as a handicap person.
A great inconvenince it is.
First few days, I couldn't even stir my thumb.
I realize how important it is for the right hand to have the left hand working together.
For a right handed like me, I thought it's ok since it's left hand.
A wrong assumption it is.
I can't have nice showers and nice sleep.
I even need help from others to clip my fingernails.
Dressing up takes longer than usual and imagine dressed in baju kurung everyday in this chilly October.
It is hard for me to ask for help everyday.
It's inconvenient for me and for others around me.
Now that my thumb is a little moveable, I can put my scarves by myself, folding the laundry and do my bedding (means folding the bedsheet and covered the whole bed with the comforter =p)
However there is something here in my heart.
I suspect people think of me not being able to take care of myself.
Since it is the first week of 2nd year and the upcoming weeks are full of labs, I know there r many things that I will miss.
For example is drawing blood.
And I would need help to take out and put in the microscope during biology labs.
I suspect that people assume that I should know myself that I should be healthy kicking and punching to be a medical student.
Yes, this gonna be over in 1 month.
But a week just crawled by.
So people, cherish your healthy self.
Things that u take for granted are actually essential in your life.
But accidents happen, and when it does, try to live up.
Find alternatives.
Turn inconvenience into innovative.
Be positive!

2 comments:

  1. get well soon
    by the way, sometimes we will cherish too many things in an event of adversity.
    it is normal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks.
    glad 2 hear that it is normal. =)

    ReplyDelete