Friday, October 9, 2009

And Life Goes On

Autumn dawns upon us full blown.
They say it's season for berry picking and hunting.
Golden leaves are everywhere, preparing for cold freezing winter.

We are 2nd week into winter semester and all labs start this week.
They drew blood in physiology labs.
Next week I'm going to draw them blood even with a casted hand.
Well, I want to learn too.
Mucho thanks to those who give me the chance.
It's nothing so stimulating yet but measuring your own blood density and RBC count are not that bad.

We are doing many more excitng stuffies including karyotyping of our own blood, bla bla bla
Btw, I chose learning and memory to be my presentation case.
Even I don't really know the connection with physiology but I'm counting on it to be an exciting topic.

As for biochemistry, we had Assoc Prof Mohd. Niang in our lab.
And he's a muslim.
From just a lab, I can say that he's to be taken seriously.
Punctuality, listen carefully, work neatly and in order.
All good things that we take lightly.
We synthesized some compound (don't remember the name) which is biru nila in colour.
Our result is very good despite the errors like the dispenser of ammonium solution disattached, loss of precipitation during suction process bla bla bla
And I need to revise all those radas (what is it in English? apparatus?yeah, apparatus), all their names in english
Next we are doing titration
In this biochemistry case, I wish my cast would be removed sooner.

Prof Niang clearly wants me working with 2 other ppl due to my situation.
Gomen ne ppl, I know 3 is a crowd since I'm feeling the same way.

In Biology, I don't know if my observation has failed me but I realise that it is a bit more easier to deal and communicate with Dr Rudolf.
This week we count, count, count, count (repeat the same word until u faint)
We were observing mitosis process under the microscope.
For obvious reason, we were to observe min num of 20 visual fields.
In 1 visual field there are usually not more than 7 cells in mitosis with the number 2-3 is the most frequent and the other 200 or 80 or 150 celss are not in mitotic state.
Imagine counting those figures.
1 visual field, 100++ cells.
And there are 20 visual fields *vomit*
anyone up for pathologist position?

And I registered for cognitive behavioural theraphy class for my elective subject.
First class is quite fine.
We did those psikology thingie like communicating without talking and observing (observing-something that I think I enjoy doing most of the time)
Did makes believe session where I imagined that I'm walking on the sandy beach, eventually picking up a large seashell.
Then we were asked to convey our feeling about it on a piece of blank paper
No drawing but things like crumpling, folding etc.
There was also reasonable period of boringness (well, I expect that)
but the lecturer is so cute
and I'm sitting in middle row after this
I was so high spirited, sitting in front just to crane my neck almost the whole hours to see the lecturer coz she prefered to stand in the middle of the classroom.

Many things are coming up.
I aims to avoid procrastination, study a bit more harder, practise punctuality and be prepared.
Hope all go well.

photo update (18/10/09)

3 comments:

  1. guna ja google chrome. best2

    ReplyDelete
  2. huhhu...
    count and count until your eyes becomes juling!!!!

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. azwan : nnt aku try
    Sakeela : nehi, nechci moje oci jd juling

    ReplyDelete