Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Stranger On A Bus Ride

a random things taht's not so easily forgotten
It was short, a very brief encounter.
Man, I'm all excited about it but I couldn't typed it down, the feeling of gratefulness, happy, exciting and all positiveness mixed into one.
This may be just a pinch of my feeling.

I sat next to the window.
Ear stuffed with songs from Tamra Island OST
An old man, embarked and sat beside me
I didn't even shift my face to offer him a smile.
I kept looking outside.
I admit that I'm somewhat cold in a situation like this.
I don't usually smile at strangers, often resort too look down or be interested in certain things.
This happens in the bus and most of the time when I'm walking.

But this man, after few moments, gesture to my hand and ask me in Czech about my casted hand.
I pulled off my headset and with my stumbling Czech, explained how I got it.
He asked does it hurt and then,
do u live here?
what do u do, working?
and few things that I don't really understand.

We even compared our hand.
I jokingly told him that his hand is so big.
he said all working men have big hand.
And he said my fingers are long.
I told him that's why they r a little bended.
With my limited Czech I tried to keep the conversation on.
and when I don't hv anymore things to say I(I'd rather say I hv things to tell but forget it, I dont know the Czech version =()

And so, I went to look outta window
Then, he opened his plastic bag (mind u it takes us a blink to open plastic bag but it takes them old people few seconda to open the plastic bag), took a pear (abah's fav) and gave it to me.
I tried to wave it off but I took it anyway (it was delicious and soft ;p)
I was reluctant to eat it, I want to put it in glass case originally but decided that it too hyperbolic and ate it.

Maybe this is mere than nothing to some people but I don't know why that it's meaningful 1 for me.
U know, sometimes there are some very simple things that makes u smile.
It can be anywhere,anytime. Subhanallah.

5 comments:

  1. Again, nice one, lina.

    i like to smile to people, including strangers,seriusly. especially if they are sebaya my parents. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midi : pls give me some tips how to smile to strangers will ya?
    Aina : the pear is definitely sweet. kejadian Allah yg sedap dan menenangkan hati. amazing how such simple things touch us tremendously

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree. smile makes things better. even for a simple thing. sedekah juga tu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes girl,

    Life is always so beautiful when you stop to cherish the little moments.

    I'm glad you had a beautiful moment thr babe! ;)

    ReplyDelete