Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm A Jealous Type

Well, well, well.
I'm always told that I'm one.
By my mak.
I've to admit that though.

I've this one classmate.
She's so brilliant.
She always finish her work wayy ahead of everybody, even when she comes late.
I'm envious.

When we all latched our faces on the notes, she just look around, just waiting for the class to start.
She always finish her paper first and get top marks in the end.
She knows what she doing, she is conscious that she's, by far the best.

I can't help but to be jaelous over her achievement.
I think of speeding up my own ability
Work harder (forget this part, I'm just about to start)
And do anything possible to be a brilliant one
Honestly speaking, I don't like anyone to look down on me nor I'm fine with anyone to look down on my friends.

In the middle of hastening to finish my work, I suddenly realised what my best friend from high school told me.
Mind you, she is the hardworking, disciplined type and she's among best students in our country during our time.
In our first examination as a high school student, she was on top of the list while I was wayy behind, marked 44.
Being who I am, I asked her out of curiosity
"Friend, u r so chytry (bijak). Could you tell me how do you study?"
At that time and for the rest of Junior High, I was envious of most of the girls because they have a set of Sasbadi revision books which, I didn't have the privilege to buy.
And my friend told me this " U can't follow my methods of studying, everyone have their own way to study"
At that time, I was taken aback from that remark, but when I'm matured enough to understand what she said to me, I must say that she's right.
You see, everyone have their own abilities and thus their own limits on doing something.
As for the case of studying, not everyone is born genius.
There are people who is not good at studying but highly skilled in arts or other skill works.
In medical school, where everyone is chytry, they are there for different reasons.
Some are born to be geniuses, some are quick at learning, some make it through because of hardwork.
Comparing our own abilities is fine but excessive comparing can be destructive.
Today, I realise that it's not such a big matter how do u pave your way to the destination (destination=result test, result xm, presentation, lab work etc.)
The most important thing is you understand what you have been through to get to the finishing line and how the result benefits you.
I learned that by hastening and be there early brings no meaning when I don't understand what did I do.
I f you wonder what happens to my best friend, she is pretty much the same excellent girl (or maybe a par or two above the excellent she that I used to know)
As for me, I was in good ranking for the most of my high school time.
I'm much better after I know my best friend.
Do pray for both our success in what we are doing will ya?

7 comments:

  1. betul3...
    no matter what, lina
    u always have to be urself,,

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam...
    Love this post. All the best, Lina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Koin : toce2. I bet we all ever encounter with this situation kn?
    Sakeela : still, I need to patch up here and there yg mn kurang, asah yg mn boleh diasah yet masih menjadi Lina Wanshah
    Auntie Naz : Ws.am glad that U love it Dekuju moc! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. *fathinaina likes this*
    chaiyo2!! the most important is..we know what we want. yg penting usaha..! iAllah =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lyna. Reading your post really made me feel much better. I like ur ayat some are born to be geniuses some are bla2 tu. Izinkan aku untuk quote ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aina : tiap2 hari aku doa kt Allah, tlglh bg hambamu ni rajin banyak
    Midi : Ilham dari langit. ceeewah.aku xclaim kopirait,quote sjlah

    ReplyDelete