Friday, January 23, 2009

What I Learned

from winter 08/09
In Czech, it’s cold and dry.

So lips crack and bleed easily. Say yes to lip balm.

Skin dries and itches easily too. So, say yes to body lotion and moisturizer.
Also, running nose is normal (‘coz it too cold outside the nostril, the mucous just doesn’t go outside your nostril). Say yes to tissues and handkerchief.
Ahha, and here in Czech, the culture is to blow your nose. Sniffing is counted as disgusting.
Here, there’s variety of tea and juices.

We got jasmine tea, lemon tea, aloe vera tes, strawberry tea, green tea, white tea, etcetera,etcetera,etcetera.
We got orange juice, strawberry and kiwi juice (strangely, there’s no kiwi juice alone as far as I know), mixed berry juice, pear juice etcetera,etcetera,etcetera. There’s also multivitamin juice by the name Multivitamin (don’t asked me wheter it’s true ‘coz I don’t have time and desire to carry out food test/experiment)
Pick which you favour and drink them a lot, ‘coz they’ll protect you from influenza epidemic when the spring arrives.
When in Scotland, I noticed that it’s cold and wet.

So, there’s no dry skin or cracked lips. But the flu stays and worst, most of us from Czech caught fever.
I tell you,it’s hard to travel when you have a troop where 9 out of 10 people were down with fever.

For extra precaution, watch your every step and buy excellent shoes for winter ‘coz there’s high chance you’ll slip and landed on both of your gluteus maximus muscle on the snow.
Err, I think, that’s all I learned from winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment