Saturday, January 24, 2009

Give and Take


There’s a story.
A true story.
A familiar story.
A group of people had their breakfast before their day start.
When they were about to clear their bill, the cashier told them that it was already paid by a customer.
Of course the party was very happy.
But you see, after few minutes into exciting exclamations among themselves about their free breakfast, they began thinking.
“If I know my bill is being paid, I would order a squeezed orange juice rather than plain tea”
“Why I didn’t order nasi lemak with extra squid sambal?”
“I should’ve ordered for more heavy breakfast”
If the same situation happen to you, I believe 90% that you will think of the same thing.
The question is, how many of us would think
“I should order less expensive breakfast”
?
Generally, we want to be treated nicely. We expect other people to give their best or we expect the best from the other side. Less we want to give our best to other people. In relationship, be it parents-children, professional engagements, or love relationship, people tend to want the best from the other side. Only in few cases, people give the best. In this world, the give and take rule is taken so lightly. People want to take excessively but reluctant to give all out.
In my opinion (ops, look like I’m making an essay pulak), it doesn’t matter how much we receive, but the important thing is how much we give. When you give your best, you would ignore how much you receive because the best thing in giving the best is the thought that you have done your part.
In any of my relationship, I want myself and the other party to give our best. Frankly speaking, I don’t fancy people who expect too much from other while on the other hand, they don’t even give their best.
Always bear in mind, giving hand is always favoured than receiving hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment