Monday, May 4, 2009

A Fond Memory

They say some happy memories last forever.
In anatomy,limbic system is in charge of storing happy memories and shut away the most painful ones.

Today, I get my Latin final result.
It's very good.
Not excellent as I hope it to be.

The fond memory is not getting excellent nor passing the subject.
But it is my Latin lecturer.

My Latin lecturer, is a man that I love to describe as Harley man.
His wardrobe is striking red winter coat in winter.
Paired with harley davidson booties and tuck in amon amarath black t-shirt.
In sunny day in spring, the wardrobe consists of brown knee length pant and green tie dyed t-shirt.
Very unique.
With his pair of glasses and long hair (sometimes tied, sometimes free,sometimes brushed, sometimes not =])

He is a funny man and loves language
even though he hate English *giggles*
u can repeat the same word to him again and again
and he still don't get it
until you give a lengthy description.

I still remember in winter when he tried to explain to us how to blow your nose
With so much effort he pulled out his crumpled handkerchief of his pocket and casually showed it to the whole class of 10 people.
We of course bursted into laughters.

Also, there's a time when we were writing our weekly Latin test.
Imagine, I was checking my answers and then a loud sound of boiling water followed by the kettle whistling filled the class.
To be followed by steam evaporating from under our table.
That's so hillarious.
Closing the mouth to avoid laughter has never been so hard.

There are so many funny memories to recall but I do enjoy all my Latin classes.
Too bad Latin is only taught in first year.

Today when he was done explaining my result
He gave me perhaps his last joke
"Can you show me on the map where you live?"
I nearly pengsan LOL when he took an atlas from the floor and put in on the table
Atlas+Latin final=no relationship kn?
So I show him Penang.
Yes, my much beloved island.
And the discussion on Latin suddenly turn into discussion about the tropical climate, the 4 months of snow, sipping tea in a tea garden, going to national reserve by boat, about biskut lemau di Malaysia n xpernah lemau di Czech and he offered me if I would like to put some pictures that I love on the board.

Saying goodbye, as always is hard.
It was raining and he wished me great future ahead and put his believe in me that I can do it.
To receive such wishes is an honor.
U don't always get that in this time of your life.
Yeah, people always wish tonnes of that when our spirit is high but we hardly receive one when we are needing it.

To cikgu Nečas Pavel, I had great times in your class.
Thanks for the guide and may u be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. hehe.Nice Experiences with Necas! but surely not with Adlafova :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya,ya.
    dgn tgk siapa itu Adlafova, maka sy amatlah bsyukur sy bkn kls beliau

    ReplyDelete