Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sihat Sebelum Sakit

There are 5 things before 5 things, and the above things are one of them.
I've survived my childhood pretty impressively, thanks to the jabs of vaccines.
Throughout elementary, I only got scratches and gastric.
In high school, I got yearly high temperatures, of which I coped by going under the duvet for the whole day and got up kicking and healthy after the whole day.
Thus, I don't really appreciate being healthy that much.

When I went to the foundation programme, the high temperatures was no more a yearly affair.
I was ill 3 times in the span of 12 months.
Having been in this 4 seasons country for nearly 2 years and a half, I've been delighted to the fact that I survived the winter without flu and fever and survived the spring without any allergic reactions.
I go into the hospital, make visits to countless patients and go to CT and an operation to remove stones from pancreatic duct.
It finally gets me, about being healthy before being the other opposite.
Plus that 1 month that saw me flashing a casted hand, I couldn't be more thankful that I still get to use both of my hands.

Few days before Christmas, I was bedridden for almost a week.
The first day, which is also the worst day, I was alone since the other 3 were in Poland.
I couldn't for the life of me gets up of the bed and text anyone to bring me some food and pills. Not until the sky got dark after some time.
And when I thought I can now go on the ergometry this Friday, I got another fever and bouts of cough attacks. and the air is ever so dry. great!
(note to self : buy a humidifier afterwards)

In times like these, you get to really perceive and live in the post title.
Being ill has its own advantage ~ it tells you health is one of those things that you can't buy.

Oh, and on another note, something at the airport touched my heart and makes me more grateful that I'm still healthy.
When I was gathering my stuff after going through the body check, I saw a man being body-checked.
In particular, his hands.
They are obviously trembling.
I can tell that it has got nothing to do with the body check.
It's something that has gone wrong. Something to do with his nervous system.
In years to come, it'll become worse.

~~~~~~~~~~
May I be bestowed with prolonged health and will always be grateful for it.
Till then, stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Just hooked on this blog! Lovely! Keep writing up something fresh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bibi ; thanks and we'll hope so. =)

    ReplyDelete