Friday, March 4, 2011

A Handsome Young Man

wasted.
We already started our internal medicine practical and I got the same group with the same doctor.
The patient that we reviewed on Thursday is a young 23 year old and he got the look.
And multiple problems.
He got infective endocarditis where the bacterial overgrowth on the heart vessel is clearly visible on the echocardiogram
The skin is dotted with multiple flat, red lesion and splinters under the nail~typical signs of infective endocarditis.

He took intrevenous drug and that costs him his liver and his current condition.
I learned from before not to make assumptions and think good of others.
This young man must have his own reasons, for what that led him to be on that particular bed.
His pain teaches me to be grateful of my health.
His delusion teaches me to take care of my sanity.

I went to hospital with intention to learn internal medicine, I came out with more than that.
I came out feeling grateful that whatever that happened these past 21+ years, I am what I am now.
Better off than many other people and I have healthy circles of individuals around me who are not doing alright, instead they prosper and so I say, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment