Thursday, March 24, 2011

Would You Tell Me

I was at my landlord place just now (just in front of our place).
We were discussing about our extra energy usage~cold water, hot water, heating and electric.
We have to pay an extra of 24 600 czech crown for the energy we used from January to October 2010.
And let me tell you, our rent is only 17 500 czech crown a month.

Admittedly we use quite a lot, but still we think that we have tone down from what we used in 2009.
We cook at least once a day and we use electric for cooking.
Since last December, I couldn't sleep without getting nightmare if the lamp is off, so that's out of topic because December isn't counted in (anyway, I tried to use study lamp instead of the main lamp)
Or maybe we keep our lights on longer than any Czech.
In winter itself, most houses are dark past 8 pm.
Ok, can you tell me how do we save up on this?

So we moved on to cold water, of which I asked where does this come from?
I don't remember using them.
Now Lina, cold water goes to the laundry.
Ah yess, the washing machine.
Now we couldn't really help this part could we?
Or do you expect me to handwash my clothes?
Thanks, I have enough to do.

About the hot water.
Hehehe.
We can help this part a lot I think.
When doing the dishes, I should keep the water in the sink, dunk in the dishes, let the water out, sponge those dishes shiny and then soak the bubbles off.
Yes, we can do that.
When it comes to bath, I think showering does waste your water triple the amount that u would use for bath if u use cebok and kolah.
Now, I couldn't build a kolah in our bathroom, but then maybe we can cut the bathtime.
I know it blows away your body pampering but I'd rather take that than paying extra crown.

Now the heating need a little touch up.
If the bill in heating part goes up next time, we know the person got meter from other house mixed up with us.
We turn off the bathroom heater.
I used the heater in my room just about twice or thrice this winter, each for a brief time only.
We forgot to switch off the kitchen's but we switched it off already when they came to take the reading.
About the big rooms, we gonna get the landlord to seal off any gap in the window frame or doorframa.
And let's hope we make a massive improvement and just have to pay around 4000kc extra.
Does that sound impossible?

3 comments:

  1. o_0" wow..mahalnya tu bil eletrik.. *pokai*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oli : mmg pokai.itu belum masuk duit insurance yg kena byr at least 700 euro.that's a month punya allowance.not that I don't have the money I got but when a big chunk has to be taken off, that decapitating.urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets try to solve the problem just like you've mention in your post. How about having "earth hour" everyday?

    ReplyDelete