Friday, May 4, 2012

PLKN : Election

In the warm heat of upcoming ISU election, I suddenly remember some details from the mock election that we had in camp.
Mock election is one of the activities under kelas kenegaraan.
It was the best election I've ever participated in.

Candidates running for the election put their posters up in certain areas of the camp. And they went up the stage to present their manifestos.
They even have about 2 right hand people each.
Did I tell you that PLKN trainees (at least, my camp trainees) are so involved in all the activities organized?
The candidates were talking up there like they really is going to govern the camp if they win. Never mind the fact that we have less than one month left before camp is over.

The highlight is of course the election day itself.
Election was done uphill in class blocks.
Trainees went as candidates trying to fish for last minute votes, as voters, as police and as ballot box thieves.
Unfortunately, in the chaos of the election, some people took the chance to be drowned with the fringes that comes with "cinta kontrak PLKN" in a room cramped with stacks of chairs exactly next to the voting block.
And I of many people had to be there to see the trainers kicked the door open and drag them out.
They just robbed me from watching the thieves run away from the police.

This post is just a bite off the real atmosphere that we had.
But I hope my hippocampus will always remember the buzz, the hot Malaysian sun, the excitement and the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment