Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Berlin 2010


Since I have 2 weeks of holiday and it doesn't worth it to go back home.
I decided to dump my hatred of winter travelling and went to Berlin.
It was quite a sudden trip.
My mom would label it as 'nak berak baru nak korek lubang'
With hostel already booked and itinerary nicely laid out, we went to buy the train ticket the day before we want to depart
The price skyrocketed to the Pluto (ok, hyperbola di sini)

Enough with the hassle before departure, I was at Berlin from Monday to Thursday.
When U are living in Bohemia, getting into Germany feels like you step out from the early 90's straight to millennium.
Someone said, u can even look at the leaves to know if u are already in Germany (of course there's no leaves at the time of my visit)

Berlin is awesome.
It feels like Penang slightly upgraded.
We took the free tour, which literally is a walking trip to nowhere.
We walked, then stop at random places where we can see Berlin attractions (from afar ok), then listen to the guide and there's no space to take picture or trying to compute every info that's being said.
And at the end of the tour, all feet were numb.

Bradenburg Gate is the highlight for me.
It was beautiful at night (never anything would rival the beauty of starry night sky of course)

We went to Ritter Sport chocolate shop. The shop itself is of average size but u won't believe how many people are there. And u get to pick any flavor for your chocolate, they even have anises and marshmallows.
p/s : dentist would probably hate this though

We didn't have much time to wander to the main attractions.
Instead we went to LEGOLAND and LOXX Am Miniature World
LEGOLAND is worth the money.


Upon entering the miniature world, at first glance, u'll think that U have made another tourist faux and waste your money on the ticket.
But when I took a closer look at the models, I had my friends waited for me to finish inspecting the whole assembled models.

Since the place is not completely complete, I get to see their workshop.
It was amazing.

The models sold are of standard price.
U can get 1 train coach at min 20 euro I think.
All the time in there, I would say to myself, " It would be good if my two brothers are here too"
Their conversation about transportation and buildings and cranes is always in excited and full of passion tone.
We also went up Fernsehtrum and since the glass is not so clear so we hardly make out any tourist attraction from the above.
Since 7euro is quite a huge amount for such a view, we shared stories whilst sitting above the ground
~ how would you feel being chased by an ostrich?ask my friend. she had such a moment with an ostrich while voluntering at the zoo
~ isn't it romantic to take a walk hand in hand in the morning with an orang utan. the same person did it too
~ what do u do when not-so-easy-to-get dadih coop that u just bought plonk out of your grasp and lying on the floor?do u kick the half-meter-in-diameter bougainvilla vase?my friend did it
and much more interesting stories

U'll always bump into the friendship bear
And currywurst is literally sold everywhere and the seller WEAR the pseudokitchen
Berlin is a new city and since 90% of the city was destroyed during WW2, most of the buldings are contemporary and the thing I like about Berlin that it seems to be an European city with minute mount of naked statues.

2 comments:

  1. Berlin, I wish that I can go there if I have the chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oli, make a wish and work towards it. Inshaallah akn bjaya. I learn that in PLKN. A man list down all his wishes and he managed to cover up 80% of those wishes

    ReplyDelete