Friday, March 26, 2010

Life Is Fair

I`m sending u a special child to cherish in my name,
For u to love with all ur heart n teach her juz the same,
For she is not like other babies, nor will ever be,
But u can love her just the same n take care her 4 Me,
She may not hear. see or run or learn as other do,
but she'll be yours and she will take her guidance all from u,
The road is hard, she'll break ur heart,
You'll cry a million tears
But I promise when she smiles at you,
the pain will dissapear,
I know you'll cry "why she, why us" but I needed the teachers true,
And that is why we care and trust i've selected you,
so please don't turn ur back on her, although she may be slow,
if you'll accept her as she is, together u will grow,
she needs to learn the skills of life,
for that i've chosen u,
and with ur love to guide her
i'll know u see her through
don't try to see the future, i promise that to none,
just live each other all it's worth
and enjoy my special one

This poem really tugs at my heart.
I'm just 20 and no, I haven't think of starting a family whatsoever
Maybe accompanying my abah mostly every week to play dam haji with his diasabled childhood friend when I was small contributes for me being touched at this poem
well, maybe

why Life Is Fair?
u may ask me
I've heard many remarks about life being unfair
and I've sometimes asking
why he's happy why I'm not happy
Or why me?Why not she?
Let me tell you
If someone seems perfect to you, while you find every reason to blame everything for your unpleasant situation, don't blame him
You never know what kind of hardship has he been through or what kind of hell is waiting in front of him
I've a friend back in high school
She's beautiful, she's graceful, she's from a well off family
A look at her, and you'll envy her
What a LUCKY girl
But she has a sick little sister, 12 years younger
At 6, the little sister can't walk independently and have white coat anxiety
She suffers from brain clotting
I learned about their hardship
But I never really know how does it feel

My brother himself,
alhamdulillah, in me and my parents eyes, turns out a fine young chap
Others think my mom is LUCKY to have such a son
But before that, I've lost count of how many people saying
"Alahai, auww nya anak/adik hang"
My brother is not an auww type, he just like to keep to himself and do gardening
I saw how much he struggled
He's not very good in maths or english
While offer to participate in quizzes or sport competitions greet me
He had hard time chasing a bloo*y certificate for National Day parade
I hate camping so much but he always tried (and was never successful) to join red crescent camping
He's always independent
He work days and nights so as to buy something he needs not something he wishes
He being independent does pick at my parents emotion
He wants to minimize their burden and they think he doesn't want them to help

I have so many stories to tell but I reckon 2 will do
However hard the life gets at you
And when thing turns ugly
Don't blame that life is unfair
It's part and parcel of life
Rather than resenting it
The best we can do is to come to term with it
Everybody will face obstacles in their life
Selalunya berada di dalam longkang lebih mengembangkan potensi diri kita dari berada di dalam bath tub berbuih. erk, apekah?
As for me, I've been faring well
I smile a lot and laugh a lot nowadays
Thank to the people around who never fail to entertain me with lame jokes, nice stories and advices
Spring says I'm home to the bohemian land
And spring also have started here, in my life here= )


Poem dari sini

4 comments:

  1. hey girl!! check your email ok!! hope u don mind Long long emails! lol! but i memang suka long emails, cn share lots! heheh..hope 2 hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lyana, nice posting and beautiful poetry.
    Our life today is not a dress rehearsal, we only get to play one round.
    Thus live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets.
    You have a pleasant week and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mun Mun : It's my first long email but I absolutely love it.
    Uncle Lee : Indeed the week ends pleasantly and currently searching for new song = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe im glad u do~ cant wait 2 hear frm u soon. lol~ and babe, im so happy that you're doing well. so very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete