Monday, March 9, 2009

Part and Parcel of Life

I took bus no. 3 to Hypernova.
Alone.
I sat on a seat across the door.

General information : Czech has a large number of old citizen.

At one stop, an old woman.
Medium height.
Plump body.
With a walking stick.
Wanted to disembark.
Her movement was so slow that I doubted wheteher she was unsure if that is the right stop for her.

When I was thinking and judging,
and both her feet touched the pavement,
suddenly, she sat abruptly before losing her balance
In no time she was on her back.
Her face up,
her eyes scanning for help
Her voice faintly asking for help (in Czech of course)
It was heartbreaking
I got on my feet and with other woman who's in front of me,
we tried to get her up
She was not heavy
But because she is old, her muscle strength has long deteroriating
Which makes standing up, even with the help of others is a litlle complicated.
Not surprisingly here, the driver waited until we got her up and she was in the safe zone.
Rupa bas di Hradec Kralove

In Malaysia, a few years back.
On a Sunday, me and my father took a bus after our motorbike broke down.
In Penang, almost all business are off on Sundays.
At that time, Penang's public transportation was a mess.
My father loves to sit on the rear of the bus.
Me, I was looking outside when I heard my father's alarming voice.
In an instant, I saw an old woman who barely touch her feet on the ground when the bus moved and that old woman slipped and trip, making a circular motion.
I was ever so shocked and my father beside me was emitting infrared waves.
The conductor just apologized (not profusely)
and the bus fired to life again.
I asked my father would that woman be okay and he told me
"tonight she'll have a bad time"
U know what that means?
When u slip.
Plus that u r old.
Somethig like that happens.
At first u'll feel a little pain.
Later at night, there's high risk of swelling and muscle cramp.
I wonder what happened to that old lady..

No comments:

Post a Comment