Friday, March 27, 2009

Saturday in Prague

The claustrophobia in me!

Dare 2 get lost

Street in Prague

The sculptor of this horse didn't left even a tiniest detail. Click for better view. I mean, i wouldn't bother to give the horse a gender. *If u get my drift*

Orloj (pronounced orloy) aka astronomical clock. Me dunno how 2 see the jarum clock itu.so, me just look at my handset 2 determine wheter it's already 2 o' clock coz evey 1 hour, the bell rings. I mean, the hand of the skeleton will pull the string attached to it and rings the bell whilst few mannequins dressed in medieval clothes pop out and turn left right left right continuosly until the bell stop ringing. For those who r very excited 2 watch it must be very dissappointed. but for us, it quite a good way to pass time

Note the massive crowd behind, not knowing they'll be disappointed by the orloj.but the orloj itself is a beautiful thing. Oh, and did I tell u? the number is written in Arabic numerical system.

Wedding photoshoot in the old town square in Prague. I mean, it's Prague, one of few most beautiful city in the world

Note on the trip : I've been to Prague a couple of time before but this would be the most practical one. Or should I say a true outing.
And, I went to the Aladdin's cave. It's Farah Halal store. It sells lamb, beef, salami, chicken and other meat that is Halal and fresh (ok, it may not be fresh from the knife but at least it doesn't come in fancy wrapper and frozen). They also got everything from olive to coconut milk etc. Funny how things like these make me excited so much. Too bad, there's no time to spare for a visit to Thai's shop. Thai shop = fishball, lemon grass, pandan and those exotic stuff
And btw, had lunch at Pakistan halal. Briyani rice. Enough for 2 pax but I sure can finish it up if not for the fact that the cook tertumpah garam ms msk. (read:it was salty)
Strolling the streets in Prague, I can see why it's a favouritre destination. The buildings are beautiful. It's an art. And living and buzzing. But, no la, I don't get to the extent where even the craps and dog poops look like an artwork for me. Can't find the reason how people can take those as an artwork.
Owh, the souvenir is real dear. It would save me a proper dinner at restaurant in Hradec if I buy the souvenir from Olomouc or Brno.
And the crystal is a total sparkling belle and can leave a hole in your pocket too.
Alhamdulillah, I bring my logic along. How could you drink in a glass worth 1000kc??
People who do that sure don't know any other way to spend.

P/S: You r entitled to refund your tax if your purchase is above 2000kc. Do ask for tax refund form from the seller. And you must hand in the application within 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. hej! lynawan...hahahahaha...Orloj! so many people, i mean tourists feel 'cheated' by this so call tourist attraction in prague...i think this spot should be omitted from travel brochure...nothing much, better go to glass house (dance building) instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so does that means u Danial has been cheated 2?but really, sans Orloj, there's a lot more Prague has to offer

    ReplyDelete