Friday, February 20, 2009

Olomouc

I went to Olomouc yesterday.
The weather's not helping though
I thought I'd died of the winter torture (the subzero chill, slippery walks and mood swing)
Anyhow, we transit at Pardubice (pronounced Pardubitse)
The ride was scenic.
Finally, I've realised that I'm in Europe
Despite the monotonous white, the formation of leaveless tree are beautiful
with small, breathtaking settlements in between vast white fields.
Olomouc, is a bit developed than my Hradec Kralove.
Image from En. Fotographer Shiham

They have a zoo and tall building
And a shopping mall where the shop assistants can speak a lil bit English
Their Hlavni Nadrazi (train station) is relatively small
But I adore the picture/scarving that depicted Czech from all walks of life on the upper wall
Had lunch at a Turkish restaurant.
Lunch was delicious as in delicious.
I had slices of grilled meat with rice.
The rice was fantastic, the taste is undepictable.
Even so, I summoned myself to finish up the meal.
75 Kc and I'm satisfied.
Well, the mission of the day was to shop
As we heard that Olomouc is having end of winter sale
Don't ask about Hradec, we only have Futurum which I think isn't up even to the lousy Summit Bukit Mertajam
Back to Olomouc, we went first to Vietnamese shops (imagine the feeling of Padang Besar,Pengkalan Kubu or Rantau Panjang)
The prices were as dear as in the mall
I manage to bargain though but we left with empty hand and headed for Olympia.
It turned out that all those khabar angin about Olympia is like Midvalley is just indah khabar dari rupa.
(Living in the country area has taken its toll on us heavy-shopper,Megasale Malaysian)
The Pompo (Toy's R Us sibling) is just 2 times larger than Futurum's and apart from that, what makes Olympia nicer than Futurum is just the fact that it has H&M and Re-reserved.
I fall for a pair of skinny jeans which fitted me well (believe me, I've never have a 100% satisfaction when I see myself in pant on the mirror,they would be either too short or the waist is too loose-rintihan org tinggi)
so I went out with smile and holed wallet.
And I saw an adorable bag tagged only 150 Kc. (a bag usually costs around 400 Kc)
I went into the Pompo
Obviously, I need to frequent places like that
My cousin is expecting a baby this summer
Talking about summer, I'll be on tight budget after this,if not I can say babai to Malaysia, see u next year
A big NO!
Next mission, ticket home

2 comments:

  1. jelesnya ampa bley shopink2..
    ohoho...
    india ni bnda apa la nk shopink..
    baju xbes p0n...=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleh, ku dengar di Bangalore ada Oasis dan Forum.
    Malahan tentu ada cili kering yg menyedapkn sambal.
    kt cni cili tak kering pun jenuh kena tunggu Holland hantaq

    ReplyDelete