Sunday, July 8, 2012

From Their Side

Alhamdulillah, I've been reminded and told about things by the people I meet here. New knowledge is precious but I found out finding more about what I believe is even more rewarding.

For one, I always know that I want to visit Makkah and Madinah. But Chris is telling me about the security system built in Makkah and he really knows more than I do about that holy city. Then I watched a documentary about it in Youtube. Watching the real deal about Hajj, in addition to the must-do things in Haj, I learned how hectic it was, how demanding which brings me to finally realise that one of my priorities of priorities is sending my parents to Hajj as soon as I could afford to, because one important thing to consider is health. Because not only people from your country is going to Hajj, but million others do in a span of 1-2 weeks and the most important days are concentrated into less than a week. It impress me how a conversation with someone who totally have different belief from me brings me to this.


And then there are these Muslims friend of mine who unfortunately, don't have the privilege to know  Arabic abjad. From where they come from, people mostly doesn't respect the religion anymore and Muslims are eating pork and stuff. It flutters my heart when Mina says "ah look, they even have prophet Isa here" pointing at the glass window showcasing the figures, one of them is baby in a cot. My heart beamed when Mina and Ida said that they want to learn the Arabic abjad. And this evening while we were chilling by the river, they want to know about the 99 names of Allah because they don't remember it. I shall send them asma ul husna, may Allah ease their intention inshaallah. Then Mina asked about the names of the angels on each side of our shoulders that record our deeds, and surprise, I don't remember it. I have an inkling about their names ending in -tib.

For these I thank Allah for sending me them so that I am reminded of things that I forget and learn new things about my religion. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment