Friday, July 27, 2012

To Believe

I am the one who doesn't believe unless I've experienced it myself.
People keep saying opposite attracts but I never believe that. But Allah showed me how strong the attraction is and for the first time in this department, I see my limit and alhamdulillah, overcome it.

Everyone has their own guilty pleasure. Mine used to be sleeping. And food is still my guilty pleasure. I used to wonder how people eat just to fill the stomach, I mean where's the joy of it? and is it really possible to be tired to the point of eating is not a priority anymore.
I'm surprised when I discover that now I prefer bretzel smeared with chive cream and stuffed with lettuce and tomatoes rather than 3 course meal. I couldn't believe myself that I have evolved.
Even so when I was totally flat out from work that I only ate tomato salad and buncis goreng for iftar and was too tired to eat the rice and gulai lemak salmon. To make things more interesting, I even missed sahur and was running around the ward the next day totally not hungry.

It's wonderful how in a span of one month, I was brought to face my limits, and realise that I can break through the ceiling and advance beyond those. It sure has been one great ride and I am glad I took on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment