Friday, July 13, 2012

Jantung

I was very happy when the surgeon asked if I want to help (read:scrub in)
I happily agreed eventhough I know my condition doesn't permit me to assist totally.
Glad I took the chance anyway.
Got to pull gently on the aorta when the surgeon is suturing the superior vena cava for cardio-pulmonary bypass.
The feeling is really amazing. I can feel every gush of blood from the beating heart running through the aorta. The slippery aorta agaisnt my gloved fingers.
And even more amazing when I hold the beating heart. I mean, it's a freaking beating human heart. So, that is what it feels to hold someone heart. I have to pull it gently towards me and can't put too much pressure on it.
I pressed quite hard and the surgeon corrected me. The heart, if i have to compare, is like a filledballon, a beating balloon. I finally experienced the concern to hold a beating human heart, to not put too much pressure on it, to pull it close to you so that it won't get hurt and most of all, to be really cautious as to not crush the heart. Ah, only if I can take care of human feeling like I do on the beating heart. It's really a feat to take care of the thing that's out of reach from all five senses.

1 comment:

  1. As salam semuga pglman ini menjadikan anda seorg doktor yg baik insyallah

    ReplyDelete