Sunday, July 29, 2012

Authentic Tom Yum

On the way back from Basel, I uncovered the secret to the ever so delish, steaming tom yum.
Typically me, I discussed food with the Thai friend that I made in Freiburg.
And I asked her how to make a real tom yum because I can taste the difference between the real thing and the messily copied ones.
The first sentence, which also is the backbone to good tom yum is nothing that I want to hear. The base soup for tom yum

Gambar sekadar hiasan

People, the secret to authentic tom yum is to boil pork bone, preferably, for a day. It's like the most basic thing to make the yummy spicy and sour tom yum.
And all this while I think the safest is to order the seafood tom yum.

When I told my friend about our food restriction, her expression overdid mine. She knows what does it mean when I say I don't eat pork.
At least now, I can go to Thailand and have her to show me good and halal Thai food to eat.
And you also know where to and where not to order tom yum.

*pengsan*

No comments:

Post a Comment